Thanks once again to this week’s sponsor, The Omni Group
I hope you’ve had a chance to check out the free trial of OmniFocus after their sponsorship earlier this month. I’ll be the first to admit, it can have a high barrier to entry at times.
This week, OmniGroup offered this quick 5-step jumpstart to using OmniFocus, for those of you who are interested in trying it out:
- Capture everything. Take 15 minutes to move things out of your head and in to OmniFocus. Anything from long-term goals (earn pilots license) to quick errands (card for mother).
- Define next actions. “Earn pilots license” deserves its own project. Move it to your library and decide what to do next.
- Organize actions with contexts. “Research area flight schools” might be assigned to a Mac context for googling, “card for mother” to Walgreen’s.
- Now we do stuff. If you’re at the office, focus on work projects to get stuff done!
- Review mode. Take time to consider each active project. Does it need some work?